The program of the Itinéraire baroque in 2020 is out !
I share with you the Facebook post of the l’itinéraire baroque that announces the summer 2020 festival. I hope to see you there.
“The entire festival team is delighted to unveil the poster for the next and 19th edition! Rendez-vous on June 20 for the spring concert, then from July 30 to August 2 for the summer festival.”
In 2020, women composers and performers will be honoured.
In the programme of the 2020 Summer Festival of the l’itinéraire baroque (in french), you have the opportunity to listen to baroque compositions performed mainly by women.
Thursday, July 30 at 8:30 pm at the opening concert in the church of Cercles, l‘AMSTERDAM BAROQUE ORCHESTRA with Ilse Eerens, soprano and Ton Koopman, hapsichord and direction will play compositions by LECLAIR, CORELLI, DE FESCH, TELEMANN and BACH.
Friday, July 31 is a long but very interesting day. There are concerts and events from 11a.m. to 11p.m. in the whole town in the village of Cercles – La Tour Blanche and in the abbey church.
At 6p.m., you can listen to the ensemble LA GRANDE CHAPELLE who plays songs of :
PEDRO RUIMONTE : EL PARNASSO ESPAÑOL (Anvers 1614) Musique for the Archiduchess Isabel Clara Eugenia.
At 9p.m., the ensemble HAMBURGER RATSMUSIK their program WHAT TRAVEL IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES, Dowland’s travels and the contemporary reception of his music.
On saturday, 1st of august, the actual Itinéraire Baroque takes place. There are six concerts at six different places, combined and connected to a nice rural and romanesque journey through the Riberacois, the northern part of the french Dordogne. Listen to:
- ENSEMBLE FLORENS with their program AN INSTRUMENTAL SONGBOOK with compositions by Dowland, Trabaci, Bertoli, van Eyck, Böddecker, Sweelinck and Tartaglino
- CONTRASTO ARMONICO with CANTATES ITALIENNES by Georg Friedrich Haendel
- the duet Rie Kimura (violin) and Pieter Jan Bielder (hapsichord) playing «L’ANGELO CONTRO IL DIAVOLO” – The Angel against the Devil, Pieces by Corelli, Scarlatti and Tartini
- the duet Mayumi Kamata (hapsichord) and Kaori Uemera (viole de gambe)
- ENSEMBLE EL SOL with their program REINAS : AIRS IN SPANISH AT THE COURTYARD OF LOUIS XIII
The closing concert is sunday the 2nd of august and it takes place again in Cercles – La Tour Blanche and in the abbey church of Cercles . Listen to the AMSTERDAM BAROQUE CHOIR (choir of 24 women) and the AMSTERDAM BAROQUE ORCHESTRA, directed by Ton Koopman. Their program is called: BAROQUE AU FÉMININ with pieces by Chiara Margarita Conzzolani (Vespers to the Virgin Mary) and Maria Xaviera Perucona (2 motets).
I will keep you informed when the pre-sale starts so that you can enjoy this formidable event in sunny summer France.